- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 2 tsp Unsalted butter
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1-1/4 lbs Jumbo shrimp
- 2 Cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 1-1/4 lbs fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 2 oz Fresh Feta Cheese - crumpled
- 1 medium onion finely sliced
Preheat the oven at 400F. Rinse shrimp in cold water and drain.
Peel the shrimp, leaving the head and tail intact. Season with salt and pepper.
Place shrimp in large oven-proof baking dish. In a large saute pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onions.
Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, garlic, and herbs. Saute for 1 minute.
Add the wine and bring liquid to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Pour the mixture over the shrimp. Sprinkle top with feta cheese.
Place in the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and serve.