- 1 lb fresh sardines, washed, cleaned and butterflied
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
This easy to prepare Greek recipe is equally good hot or cold!
Preheat the oven to 350F. Layer the sardines in a shallow baking dish, sprinkling the garlic, pepper strips, marjoram, parsley and seasonings between the layers. Drizzle with the olive oil and bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
Serves 4 to 6